August 25, 2014
Greetings! Oh God, I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted. It's true what they say: time flies. The first quarter of this year was mostly me spending the last days of my college life. Then I bummed out the entire summer. It was a necessary move because I needed to stop and think. I needed the quiet. I needed the space. I needed the time.
Another reason for my unintended hiatus: lack of camera equipment. My brother flew off to San Francisco last February and he took the camera with him. (The most irritating thing about this is: after a month, he bought a new one. WTF really?) He comes back next year. So basically I have no way of taking outfit shots. Or even just pictures. I'm sure you know by now how picky I am with photo quality when I'm posting it on the blog. On the other side, the lack of a proper camera ignited my love for instagram. Follow me @hannahbagain!
As for career paths...
The magazine/publishing industry has always been appealing to me and I'm trying to work my way towards it. I'm currently enrolled at SoFA for Fashion Styling. I'm actually reviving this blog because I want a place where I can post my fashion styling progress. It's exciting—on our first week our assignment was to do a fashion editorial!
I'm also planning to take workshops/courses on writing. I want to learn as much as I can. I know this is a very unorthodox decision but I figured I must do it while I'm still young. I can always go back to my major if this doesn't work out. (But I'm really, really hoping that it does.)
Here's to new phases and big changes!
Categories: general |
January 15, 2014
So into dresses lately. I love wearing them with boots and sneakers for that tomboy effect. If I'm feeling extra girly though, I pair them with ballet flats or kitten heels. Also, look at my cat photobombing.
Follow me on instagram: @hannahbagain. I'm more active there :)
(Mango sweater / Forever 21 dress / Landmark sneakers / Stradivarius bag)
January 10, 2014
Another post? *gasp* Why yes! One resolution this year is to pay more attention to this blog. Hopefully I will update more often and produce more quality posts.
Online shopping will be the death of my wallet. I never thought I'd patronize this kind of shopping as I'm very keen on details and such. But I just can't stop!!! The sad reality though is there will be times when the things you bought look so much better on pictures or you'll be underwhelmed by the quality or you'll be disappointed with the fit (even if you asked for the exact measurements). So glad that this cardigan is a very stellar buy at a very affordable price.
(Soleilmnl maroon knitted cardigan / Nava lace top / Forever 21 faux leather shorts / Leaveland boots)
January 8, 2014
My approach to skin care is simple and basic. I like to keep it toned down and I generally stay away from using too many products at once. I, however, switch products a lot. I'm constantly on the lookout for new things to try. The goal is to create the ideal skin care routine for myself.
These are the things I'm currently using:
1) Physiogel Hypoallergenic Cleanser – My cleanser-to-go on a daily basis. I like that it's soap free and non-comedogenic (products/cosmetics formulated not to cause blocked pores). I don't have sensitive skin but I try not to use products that are too harsh so as not to cause allergies and more face problems.
2) Ponds Pure White Deep Cleansing Facial Foam — Another cleanser? Yes. I use this when I have heavy makeup on or I've been out for a long time (toxic days). It leaves my skin squeaky clean. I use toner afterwards and the dirt I see on the cotton is always very very minimal to zero.
3) Ponds Oil Solution Pore Conditioning Toner — For my T-zone area. My pores there are the wildest. Planning on replacing this soon as I feel it doesn't work that well.
4) St. Ives Blemish Control Facial Scrub — This one was readily available at home so I reached for it. I definitely enjoy the feeling of the beads on my face, lol. I'm still new to this exfoliating thing... do you have product suggestions?
5) Etude House Tea Time Milk tea Cleansing Cream — For removing makeup. I'm content with its performance but it's quite a mess to take off. I'll try oil based ones and see if they fare better.
6) Kiehl's Acne Blemish Control Daily Skin Clearing Treatment — Around August-October last year, I had acne so bad it really bothered me. I usually have only one or two pimples at a time but man, that time they were all over my forehead and right cheek. Almost went berserk. I decided to get a proper acne spot-on treatment. So thankful that Kiehl's gives samples; I don't have to spend a thousand right away (what if it doesn't work?). My skin is clear now. Note, however, that this is not the sole reason. I have also changed my diet and sleep routine. I know though this product contributed to my skin getting better.
7) Evian Facial Spray — As all of you might know by now, Manila is a very, very hot city. Sometimes it's so hot you can probably cook an egg in the middle of the street. Evian is my face saver on those days. Coupled with Clean and Clear's oil control film (which I forgot to include), I can breeze through scorching days.
Categories: beauty |